Did you know that on average Americans spend about 90% of their time indoors? That's a huge amount of time so it's important to make sure your INDOOR air quality gets your attention.
Here are 9 ways to improve indoor air quality:
1. Change your heater and AC air filters on a regular basis which means....every 3-6 months depending on how many people and pets live in the home
2. If you have pets, vacuum frequently and don't forget those hard to reach areas under beds, behind furniture and up on hard to reach shelves
3. Check your air ducts and clean them with a vacuum hose
4. Use cooking vents in the kitchen and don't forget to ventilate your home when outdoor air is clean
5. Keep your rugs and carpets clean and remove shoes when you enter. You'd be amazed at how much dirt ends up on your floors from the outdoors
6. Control humidity in your home. High humidity increases mold
7. Grow indoor plants to freshen the air and create a calming environment
8. Remove toxic cleaning products. Hot soap and water, white vinegar and baking soda are great ways to go natural
9. Periodically vacuum your upholstered furniture and drapes and don't forget to clean you comforters and duvet covers. Dust settles!