I think we all reach a point when we look around and ask......"when was the last time I cleaned the washing machine?" or "how long has it been since I vacuumed under the sofa?" With our busy schedules, there are a lot of things around the house that get neglected so as we enter spring, it seems like the perfect time to do some spring cleaning. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
1. Clean out gutters.
2. Trim bushes/clean thoroughly around any mechanical equipment.
3. Clean and/or replace heating filters.
4. Deep clean your dryer vent. A vacuum hose is the best tool to use.
5. Clean your washing machine, check your hoses: Maybe install a leak detector?
6. Clean and repair screens. Invisible screens are fab!
7. Pressure wash decks, fences, etc and check for damages.
8. Replace smoke detector batteries if they are not hard wired.
9. Clean your vents above your stove and wipe down your cabinets. Grease and dirt can build up and the longer you leave it, the harder it will be to clean.
10. Sort and clean bathroom and kitchen drawers. Reorganize the utility drawers. You'll feel better!
11. Get behind the furniture and do a deep clean of floors, baseboards and shelves.
12. Check caulking around doors and windows to conserve energy.
13. Drain your water heater to clear out sediment.
14. Organize your closet, get rid of clothes you haven't worn in a year or two. It's also good to wash musty clothes.
Ongoing small maintenance items can prevent larger ones. Keeping any home in tip-top shape year-round is smart. Doing all these things just before selling is wonderful....for the next homeowner, but you should enjoy the fruits of your labor. It will make you feel good!